Courtesy of KC Star;
Beginning April 21, crews will rehabilitate 12 bridges along the Interstate 29 corridor between Interstates 435 and 635. The start date was delayed a day, awaiting material delivery, according to MoDOT.
The work will cause lane reductions, narrow lanes and ramp closures.
Motorists are urged to use alternate routes during the six months, including I-435 and U.S. 169.
Here is what will impact drivers:
▪ Two lanes of I-29 in each direction between Missouri 45/64th Street and 112th Street will remain open throughout the duration of the project.
▪ I-29 will be reduced to one lane in each direction at Missouri Route D/Cookingham Drive for 80 days.
▪ The ramp from eastbound Missouri 152 to southbound I-29 will close for the duration of the project.
▪ I-29 will narrow at bridge locations.
▪ There will be temporary closures on Route D/Cookingham Drive, 112th Street, Tiffany Springs Parkway, Barry Road, 72nd Street and Missouri 45/64th Street during off-peak hours.
Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article18426017.html#storylink=cpy